Safety & Health Manager 1 jobs in Black & Veatch in Al Kuwait – Kuwait
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 13692
Job Title : 1540 – Safety & Health Manager 1
Business Unit Sector : SPC-GOV-FEDERAL SE
Work Location : KWKUWAITC
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project : Yes
The Black & Veatch Federal Business is grounded in history and engineering the future. We have 100+ years of experience supporting the Federal government and are dedicated to employing talented and passionate professionals. Our vision is to be the greatest infrastructure solutions provider delivering top tier and high quality design and engineering services to the Federal government. Our primary areas of focus include: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) and Classified Design Services, Construction Services, Environmental Services, and Integrated Services.
This is mid-level project position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the Company’s Safety and Health Procedures on a larger, moderately complex project. Performs medium to high complexity tasks, and may act as a supervisor to other safety and health professionals.
• . Implements, administers and maintains project Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program .
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs .
• Conducts detailed site safety and health inspections .
• Manages project security contracts, programs and policies .
• Performs record keeping / filing functions .
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations .
• Writes detailed injury/illness reports .
• Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents .
• Interfaces with clients and government officials .
• Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration .
• Administers project worker’s compensation programs and procedures .
• May act as Safety and Health Consultant to internal and external clients .
• May act as on-site first aid and medical provider .
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports .
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements .
• Safety and health certification, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 3+ years in a construction environment preferred
SSHO has overall responsibility for creating, implementing and managing the Safely Plan for each task order. This person should have a minimum of five years’ continuous construction industry safety experience in supervising/managing general construction and must provide a copy of his/her instructor-signed OSHA 30-hour training card (or course completion if within 90 days of having completed the training and the card has not yet been issued). Additionally, the SSHO must meet all of the requirements detailed in EM 385-1-1 for this position.
• Preferred Skills: . Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices . Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures . Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures . Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration . Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant . Ability to perform first aid/medical functions . Communication skills . Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs . Ability to write detailed reports . Human relations skills . Conflict management skills . Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials
5+ years safety and health experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
First Aid, CPR, Drug testing certified, OSHA 500/501, Safety and Health Program Administration, OSHA 30 hour
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical construction site environment. Typical office environment
CNS: Construction Services
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.