Chartered Accountants are Indian professionals that deal with the topics of finance, taxation, auditing, accounting, business economics, and other related management areas. With the introduction of GST, demonetization, and similar other regulation acts introduced for the common people, the role of a Chartered accountant has become much more intensive and complex in the current dynamic and economic scenario. CA Intermediate course is the second step of the Chartered Accountancy course in India and is considered as the toughest level as per the students’ interviews. While preparing for the CA course, ICAI has introduced intermediate as the first step for obtaining detailed knowledge and study practically about the Financial and Accounting aspects. At this level, students deal with vast subjects and gain practical knowledge by working under practiced Chartered Accountants.
In this article, you will find the steps of how to apply for the CA intermediate exams 2021.
CA Intermediate Course 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for CA Intermediate course 2021 –
- Candidates who have cleared the CA Foundation level and secured a passing score.
- Candidates who have already applied for the Intermediate course and want to change their scheme or centers or zones or other factors.
- Candidates who have appeared for Intermediate exams, but could not clear it earlier and are thus opting for a second try.
- Graduate or Postgraduate scoring a minimum of 55% if of commerce stream and 60% for any other stream.
- Intermediate level examination cleared by students of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
CA Intermediate Examination Registration:
To appear in Intermediate exams students must register themselves online on the ICAI website. They must provide their basic details along with their preferred location and the group they are ready to appear in exams, the group they have prepared themselves for. Students of the Intermediate group can apply to appear in either of the two, as both the group or as individual groups on the basis of their preparation. Intermediate exams are held twice a year ,i.e. in the month of July and December. Students are alleged to register before the last dates. To clear the CA Intermediate level students need to clear the groups they are registered with. They need to secure 40% marks in each subject or 50% as an average in either both groups or one group.
CA Intermediate Registration Online Date:
- Candidates must register for the CA Intermediate Course by filling out the Online CA Intermediate Registration Form for the year 2021 available on ICAI official website (www.icai.org).
- Applications for admission to CA Intermediate examination begin from 16th August and it will end by 30th September 2021.
CA Intermediate Registration Date: 16th August 2021
Last date of CA Intermediate Registration: 30th September 2021
CA Intermediate Registration date with late fees: 3rd October 2021
How to apply for CA Intermediate exams 2021:
- Open the official website of ICAI and select the option of ‘students’
- Under ‘Students’ click on ‘Course registration form’
- Now the candidate needs to register starting with providing their basic details-
- Email id
- Mobile number, etc.
- Click on submit and an OTP will be sent to the candidate’s registered number
- After submitting the OTP the candidates needs to login using his/her new user id and passcode
- In this step, the following details have to be provided:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Residential Address
- Pin code
- After submitting the above details, the candidate has to upload scanned images of the documents.
- At the last step, the registration fee has to be paid.
Document Required for the CA Intermediate Registration:
- For Foundation course entry, students have to submit an attested copy of the mark sheet of Class 12th with a known board.
- CA Direct Entry scheme students have to submit attested copies of Graduation or Post Graduation mark statements.
- Mark Sheet of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- A recent color photograph.
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, in case the student is a foreigner.
- Demonstrative copy as proof of special category certificate.
|Details of Fees||Both Groups (Rs)||Single Groups (Rs)|
|Student’s Activity Fee||2000||2000|
|Registration Fee as article assistant||1000||–|
Intermediate registration once done is valid for 4 years and can be revalidated for just Rs 400 after its expiry. These are the years in which the students can keep making attempts and when it’s expired it should be renewed immediately in case the student still has attempted to make.
CA Intermediate Time Table 2021:
Under the new scheme, ICAI has given an option to the students to choose a cycle – II exam. Students are advised to check the CA intermediate timetable 2021 for better reference.
CA Intermediate Time Table for Group 1 & 2 (New): 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th & 20th December 2021
CA Intermediate Time Table for Group 1 & 2 (Old): 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th December 2021
Timings for CA Intermediate 2021 Examinations:
- The timings for the Exam which are to be conducted in the afternoon session are between 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (IST).
- Students should note that there is no change in the Examination centers and in the timing of the Rescheduled Exam of CA Intermediate Exams.
CA Intermediate Date Sheet, Important Dates:
Details regarding CA Intermediate registration, CA Intermediate results, and exams for the year 2021 is given below:
- Last date for CA intermediate registration:
- For December exam: 30th September 2021
- For December exam with late fees: 3rd October 2021
- Correction window opens:
- For December exam: Last week of October 2021
- For December exam: Last week of November (with late fees)
- Issue of CA Intermediate admit card:
- For December exam: Admit card issue date is 22nd November 2021
- CA intermediate exam group 1 exam date:
- For December exam: 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th December 2021
- CA intermediate group 2 exam date:
- For December exam: 14th, 16th, 18th & 20th December 2021
- Declaration of CA Intermediate result
- For December exam: First week of February 2021
With this article, we hope that you followed the right steps to fill the CA intermediate form. Now, prepare yourself for the exams.