Heavy Vehicle Mechanic/ Logistician jobs in Dyncorp International in Al Kuwait – Kuwait
The Heavy Vehicle Mechanic/Logistician performs repairs and maintains a variety of heavy equipment including, but not limited to, heavy trucks, trailers, cranes, forklifts, container handlers, back-hoes, trenchers, loaders, graders, scrapers, compactors, dozers, skid steers, and associated equipment. (Fleet consist of 65% Caterpillar, 15% International, 10% Freightliner and 10% consist of Volvo, John Deere, Bobcat and other companies brand. Engines range from Mercedes- Benz, Detroit Diesel, International, Case, Cummins and others.) In addition to performing maintenance this position is responsible for preparing all shipping documents for shipping assets, building shipping shoring, measuring, weighing and doing Joint Inspections (JI) with Aerial Port personnel on the flight line.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
• Perform general purpose vehicle maintenance activities including installation, repair, trouble-shooting, diagnostics, and preventive maintenance.
• Disassemble and reassemble engines and mechanical units to inspect and diagnose parts using computerized test equipment, calibration devices, gauges, etc.
• Repair, adjust, overhaul, or replace major assemblies or sub-assemblies such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering assemblies, tracks, system components and equipment attachments.
• Remove, disassemble, and repair gasoline or diesel engines and components.
• Provide input and data for processing work orders, equipment repair records, and activity reports.
• Adhere to all established safety policies and standards to include identification, use, and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous waste.
• Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
• Prepare DD Form 1149 using the system provided by the USG
Record all dimension of assets being shipped
Build shipping or approach shoring for aircraft
Track and report all vehicles inbound or outbound for ASAB on 1 ECEG Mission Tracker.
• Coordinate with Traffic Management Office
Knowledge & Skills
• Specialized knowledge and skills in diesel and heavy automotive repair and maintenance
• Skilled in replacing major components and parts on engineering and construction equipment.
• Practical understanding of the theory of hydraulics (Pascal Theory), pulley and gear ratios.
• Ability to read and understand schematics, blue prints and technical drawings.
• Knowledge of diagnostics and ability to conduct technical research on the computer.
• Prefer knowledge
of US military heavy construction/road repair vehicles and equipment, Material
Handling Equipment (MHE), OSHA, American National Standards Institute (ANSI), American
Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), military regulations standards, and Original
Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) requirements.
• Knowledge of wood
working tools (Table Saw, Nail gun and other power tools used for wood.
• Background in
vehicle/equipment shipment preferred but not required
Experience & Education
• Minimum seven (7) years of heavy vehicle maintenance experience in civilian heavy equipment/military/tactical environment
• Must be experienced in the repair of major systems.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Prefer welding experience, need not to be certified.
• Prefer motor vehicle air conditioning certification and experience.
• LENCO Certification preferred.
• Wrecker Course Certification preferred.
• Must possess a valid vehicle operator s license.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Ability to stand, sit, walk, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, push, and pull
• Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
• Assist in lifting up to one hundred (100) pounds
• Able to work in both inside and outside conditions and be exposed to dust, fumes, and gases from running engines and motors
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally