Heavy Vehicle Mechanic jobs in Dyncorp International in Al Kuwait – Kuwait
The Heavy Vehicle Mechanic performs repairs and maintains a variety of heavy equipment including, but not limited to, heavy trucks, trailers, cranes, forklifts, container handlers, back-hoes, trenchers, loaders, graders, scrapers, compactors, dozers, skid steers, and associated equipment. (Fleet consist of 65% Caterpillar, 15% International, 10% Freightliner and 10% consist of Volvo, John Deere, Bobcat and other companies brand. Engines range from Mercedes- Benz, Detroit Diesel, International, Case, Cummins and others.)
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
• Perform general purpose heavy vehicle maintenance activities including installation, repair, trouble-shooting, diagnostics, and preventive maintenance.
• Disassemble and reassemble engines and mechanical units to inspect and diagnose parts using computerized test equipment, calibration devices, gauges, etc.
• Repair and overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
•Repair and service air conditioning systems
•Calibrate load monitoring indicators to ensure safe and reliable lifts
•Rebuild hydraulic cylinders, valves, planetary drive units, suspensions, springs, bushings, and kingpins
•Replace seals and bearings, axel brakes, and crane rigging
•Provide input and data for processing work orders, invoices, equipment repair records, and activity reports
•Adhere to all established safety policies and standards to include identification, use, and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous waste.
•Perform recovery operations as needed.
•Act as point-of-contact for maintenance issues in absence of Maintenance Supervisor or Foreman.
• Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Specialized knowledge and skills in diesel and heavy automotive repair and maintenance
• Skilled in replacing major components and parts on engineering and construction equipment.
• Practical understanding of theory of hydraulics (Pascal Theory), pulley and gear ratios.
• Ability to read and understand schematics, blueprints and technical drawings.
• Knowledge of diagnostics and ability to conduct technical research on the computer
• Prefer knowledge of US military heavy construction/road repair vehicles and equipment, Material Handling Equipment (MHE), OSHA, American National Standards Institute (ANSI), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), military regulations standards, and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) requirements.
Experience & Education
• Minimum seven (7) years of heavy vehicle maintenance experience in civilian heavy equipment/military/tactical environment
• Must be experienced in the repair of major systems.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Prefer welding experience, need not to be certified.
• Prefer motor vehicle air conditioning certification and experience.
• LENCO Certification preferred.
• Wrecker Course Certification preferred.
• Must possess a valid vehicle operator s license.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Ability to stand, sit, walk, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, push and pull.
• Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
• Assist in lifting up to one hundred (100) pounds
• Able to work in both inside and outside conditions and be exposed to dust, fumes, and gases from running engines and motors
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally